Early Childhood Programming – Why It Matters
We recently spoke about the importance in Early Childhood Development. This is why at this time of year we ask you to donate to The Day Nursery on #GivingTuesday with a donation at #ILGive November 29, 2016. Please consider supporting our mission to Unlock The Potential.
Other facts proving the value of quality early childhood programs:
- When a child enters kindergarten ready for school, there is an 82% chance the child will master basic skills by age 11; that chance decreases to 45% if the child is not school ready. Research shows the child’s chances of making up that deficit are slim.
- Superior learning takes place when classroom experiences are relevant to students’ lives, interests, and experiences.
- High-quality early education is essential to narrow the achievement gap. Across multiple studies over multiple years, early childhood education has been shown to nearly half the black-white difference in the kindergarten achievement gap.
- Children who enter kindergarten with strong social-emotional skills experience significantly improved outcomes in education, employment, criminal activity, substance use, and mental health.
- The ability to self-regulate thoughts, emotions and behavior increases success in school, work, and life.
- Children who enter school with basic knowledge of math and reading are more likely than their peers to experience later academic success.
- Early access to STEM competencies (collaboration, cause and effect, exploration and discovery) has been proven to lead to a greater comfort with STEM in grade school.
Thank you for your support to #GivingTuesday and #ILGive